Pumpkin and Carrot soup is a very tasty and healthy soup. It has lot of vitamin A & D and antioxidants . It is easy to digest and can also be served to children.
Preparation – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 15 minutes
Serves – 3 Servings
- Pumpkin -2 cups (cut into big pieces)
- Carrot – 1 cup (cut into big pieces)
- Sweet corn – ¼ cup (steamed)
- Sugar – A pinch
- cinnamon powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Roasted cumin seeds powder – ¼ teaspoon
- pepper powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Fresh coriander leaves – Few leaves (finely chopped)
- Salt – ½ teaspoon (according to taste)
- Finely chopped ginger – ¼ teaspoon (optional)
- Finely chopped garlic – ¼ teaspoon (optional)
- Lemon juice – 1 spoon (optional)
- Take a vessel.Boil 1 cup of water and add pumpkin ,carrot pieces and boil till the pieces are little tender and soft.Otherwise put the pumpkin and carrot pieces in a glass bowl and steam for 5 minutes in a microwave. You can also use a pressure cooker. Once they are cooked allow to cool the vegetables for 2 minutes.
- Prepare puree of pumpkin and carrot pieces in a blender.
- Take a soup pan .Transfer the puree into the pan. Add 2 cups of water,finely chopped ginger and garlic. Bring to a boil. You can add water according to the required consistency.
- Add roasted cumin seeds powder,cinnamon powder,sugar,salt, pepper powder and bring to a boil.
- Add sweet corn,finely chopped coriander leaves. Allow to cook on slow flame for 1 minute.
- Pour the soup into soup bowls.
- If you want put some fresh cream and few drops of lemon juice on top and serve yummy and healthy pumpkin soup.