Mutter Paneer (Green peas and Cottage Cheese ) is a very tasty and rich gravy vegetarian North Indian dish. It is usually served along with Roti, Nan or Jeera Rice.This is a Protein rich dish.
Preparation time – 10 Minutes
Cooking time – 20 Minutes
Serves – 3 to 4 Servings
- Paneer or Cottage Cheese: 200 gms
- Green peas: 200 gms (Steamed)
- Onions: 2 medium (pureed)
- Tomato: 2 medium (pureed)
- Cashew nut: 10 to 12 (add 5 tablespoons of water to cashew nuts and grind to a paste)
- Roasted cumin seeds powder: ¼ Teaspoon
- Coriander powder: ½ Tablespoon
- Garam masala powder: ¼ Teaspoon
- kasoori methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves): ½ Tablespoon
- Chili powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Salt: ½ Teaspoon (According to taste)
- Fresh coriander leaves: few leaves finely chopped
- Fresh cream: 2 Tablespoons for serving (Optional)
- Cut paneer into cubes and keep aside. If you want you can shallow fry paneer cubes on a nonstick pan.
- Heat oil in a pan and add onion puree .Fry till golden color.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato puree. Fry till oil separates.
- Add cashew nut paste and fry till oil separates.
- Add roasted cumin powder,coriander powder,chili powder,turmeric and garam masala.
- Add sugar and salt, 1/2 cup of water and mix well.Adjust the seasoning.
- Add boiled green peas and mix.
- Add paneer,crushed dry fenugreek leaves and mix properly and cook for 1 minute.
- Add chopped fresh coriander leaves and mix well.
- Transfer mutter paneer into a serving bowl.
- Serve mutter paneer along with Roti or Jeera Rice.