Preparation time -15 minutes
Cooking time -15 minutes
serves – 25 small ladoos
- Besan: 4 cups(a little coarse flour is preferable)
- Sugar: 11/2 to 2 cups (powdered)
- Cardamom (Elaichi): 6 to 8(powdered)
- Ghee (Clarified butter): 200 gms
- Finely chopped nuts(almonds,cashew nut,pistachio): ¼ cup
- Melt ghee in a heavy bottomed kadai.
- After ghee is melted add besan and start roasting the besan.
- Keep on stirring the besan and ghee mixture continuously on a slow flame.
- It will take about 15 to 20 minutes to besan roast and nice aroma to come.
- When besan will changes to little golden color and it starts to lose ghee from sides.
- Now you can switch of the flame and keep stirring for some more time.Otherwise the besan in the bottom of the kadai will start burning.
- Allow to cool for some time.Now prepare sugar powder in a mixie jar.You can also add elaichi to sugar and grind to a powder.
- Add sugar and elaichi powder to besan ghee mixture.
- Add chopped nuts and mix properly with hand.Take a small mixture into hand and prepare ladoos.If required you can add 2 to 3 spoons of melted ghee to the mixture to make ladoo.
The size of the ladoos depends on individual choice.Lemon sized ladoos looks nice to serve.