Methi paratha is prepared with whole wheat flour and fenugreek leaves. Very tasty and healthy for serving as a breakfast.
Preparation time -15 minutes
Cooking time -20 minutes
Makes: 6 to 8 Parathas
- Methi leaves: 1 Medium sized Bunch (Finely chopped 2 cups)
- Wheat Flour: 2 Cups
- Chana dal powder (Besan): ½ Cup(optional)
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Cumin seeds: 1 Tablespoon
- Sesame seeds: 2 Teaspoons
- Carom seeds (ajwain): 1 Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Jaggery: Small lemon sized ball (Optional)
- Ginger garlic paste: ½ Teaspoon
- Green chili: 1 Finely chopped
- Butter or oil: 2 to 3 Tablespoons (For frying parathas)
- Any pickle: For serving
- Curd: 1 Cup (For serving)
- Heat a kadai (pan) on stove and add 1 spoon of butter.After butter is melted add cumin,Ajwain,sesame seeds.
- When cumin seeds starts crackling add finely chopped onions, finely chopped green chili,ginger garlic paste and fry for 1 minute.
- Add finely chopped Fenugreek leaves, Jaggery,Salt,Turmeric powder and fry for 1 minute.
- Allow to cook for a minute.
- Now add Besan,wheat flour and enough water to prepare a soft dough.
- Now divide the dough into 9 to 10 medium sized balls.
- Take the dough ball, Sprinkle some dry flour and roll the dough into paratha using a rolling pin.
- Heat a pan on stove and apply some butter or oil on both sides of paratha and fry till golden color.
- Prepare all the parathas.
- Serve the Parathas along with choice of Pickle, butter and curd.