Mixed vegetable paratha is prepared with whole lot of vegetables, paneer and spices. Grated or finely chopped vegetables are added to boiled potatoes and stuffed in the wheat flour dough. Very healthy and tasty paratha to serve as a breakfast for children in lunch box. If you do not have any one of the vegetable mentioned below still you can prepare this paratha with the available vegetables. You can try my Oats & Carrot paratha, methi paratha and Radish paratha.
Preparation time: 20 Minutes
Cooking time: 20 Minutes
Makes: 6 to 8 Parathas
- Boiled Potato: 2 (medium sized)
- Carrot: 1/2 cup (grated)
- Cabbage: 1/2 cup (grated)
- Cauliflower: 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
- Radish: 1/2 cup (grated)
- Broccoli: 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
- Green peas: 1/2 cup (steamed)
- Paneer (Cottage Cheese): 100 gms (grated)
- Onion: 2 medium Sized (finely chopped)
- Mint Leaves: Few leaves (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves: Few leaves (finely chopped)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Ginger: Small piece (finely chopped)
- Garlic: 5 Cloves (finely chopped)
- Salt: 1/2 teaspoon (according to taste)
- Jeera (cumin) powder: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 Teaspoons
- Red chili powder: 1/4 Teaspoon
- Green chili: 2 Medium sized finely chopped
- Whole Wheat Flour: 2 Cup
- Butter: 1/4 cup for frying parathas
- Yogurt: 1 Cup for serving (Optional)
- Any Pickle or Mango Pickle for serving. (Optional)
- Take wheat flour in a bowl add enough water to make a soft dough ,cover the dough with muslin cloth and keep aside.
- In another bowl take mashed potatoes and all the grated vegetables,chopped herbs,all spices ,salt together and mix properly and prepare the filling.
- Now take a lemon sized dough,sprinkle some dry wheat flour and roll out the dough with the help of a rolling pin.
- Put some vegetable filling in the center of the rolled dough and seal properly.
- Flatten a little with hands. Sprinkle some dry flour, flatten the paratha using rolling pin and prepare round paratha.
- Heat pan and fry paratha till golden on both sides using butter or oil.
- Prepare all the parathas the same way.
- Serve parathas with curd or Raita, butter and any pickle or any chutney.