Instant Mango pickle is a quick and tasty pickle to prepare whenever raw mangoes are plenty in season.Preparing usual pickle needs lot of skill and patience.For this pickle you just need 4 to 5 ingredients and 15 minutes of time. This pickle can be served as a side dish along with any usual Dal. It can be stored in refrigerator up to 15 days.
- Raw Mango -1 Medium Sized (Cut into small pieces)
- Turmeric – 1 Teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder – 2 Teaspoons
- Salt – 1 Tablespoon
- Asafoetida (Hing) – A pinch
- Garlic – 10 Cloves
- Oil – 3 Tablespoons
- Mustard Seeds, Udad Dal, Cumin Seeds – 1 Tablespoon (for Tempering)
- Methi Powder- 1/4 Teaspoon
- Mustard Seeds Powder – 1/2 Teaspoon
Preparation Time – 10 Minutes
Cooking Time- 5 Minutes
Serves – 10 to 12 Servings
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add Mustard Seeds, Cumin Seeds, Hing, Udad Dal, Curry Leaves, Garlic.
- When Mustard Seeds starts crackle add all the spices and Salt.
- Add Mango pieces and mix well.
- Remove from the fire.Transfer the Pickle into a bowl or Glass Jar.
- Serve the Pickle along with Steamed Rice or Roti.
- Keep the Pickle in Refrigerator for later use. (It can be used up to 10 days)