Egg Burji or Egg Fry is the most easy and tasty egg preparation. You can spread this curry on a leftover Roti to prepare egg roll. To make it more healthy grated carrot or finely chopped Cauliflower,French beans or any other choice of vegetables can be added.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Serves: 1 to 2 Serving
- Onions- 2 Medium Sized (finely chopped)
- Eggs -2 to 3
- Tomato- 1 medium sized (finely chopped)
- Capsicum – 1/2 Medium sized finely chopped (optional)
- Green Chili- 3 to 4 (finely chopped)
- Salt- 1 Teaspoon ( according to taste)
- Oil- 2 Tablespoons
- Pepper Powder- 1/4 Teaspoon
- Roasted Cumin Powder – 1/4 Teaspoon (optional)
- Curry leaves – 8 to 10
- Chopped Coriander leaves -2 Tablespoons
- Red Chili Flakes – 1 Tablespoon
- Take a pan. Pour Oil and heat for 1 minute.Add Cumin seeds,Dry Red chilli.
- When cumin starts crackling add finely chopped onions,capsicum,green chili, curry leaves.
- Fry till onions turns to pink and soft.
- Add tomato pieces and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Fry till tomato is soft and nice aroma to come and the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Now add eggs and mix properly. Cover the Pan for a minute and cook on slow fire.
- Open the lid and mix well. Now add salt, red chili flakes, pepper powder, cumin powder and mix everything properly. Allow to cook for a minute on slow fire.
- Transfer the curry into a serving bowl. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve along with Roti,Poori or Rice.
If you want to use vegetables finely chop them and fry the vegetables first before adding onions.You can mix eggs, Salt and pepper powder in a separate bowl and beat them before adding to the fried onions.