Mooli paratha/ Radish paratha is a Indian break fast preparation. Whole wheat flour and grated radish is mixed to prepare dough. Prepared dough is rolled in to a paratha or flat bread and fried on a pan using some butter or oil.
Preparation Time:15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Makes: 8 to 10 paratha
- Radish : 4 Medium sized (grated)
- Onion: 2 Medium sized (finely chopped)
- Green Chilies: 2 (finely chopped)
- Salt: 1 Teaspoon (according to Taste)
- Wheat Flour: 2 Cups
- Turmeric: ½ Teaspoon
- Coriander leaves: A small bunch(finely chopped)
- Cumin Seeds: 1 Teaspoon
- Cumin Powder: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Oil or Butter: ½ Cup (for frying parathas)
- Curd: 1 Cup (for serving)
- Any Pickle: 2 Tablespoons (for serving)
- Wash and grate radish. Add finely chopped onion, green chilies, cumin seeds,salt and turmeric.
- Add wheat flour, salt and finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Prepare dough.If required add little water to prepare soft dough. Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth. keep aside for some time.
- Prepare 8 To 10 equal balls from the prepared dough.
- Dust some flour on the counter and roll parathas with the help of a rolling pin. Prepare all Parathas.
- Heat a flat pan. Apply some butter or oil on paratha. Fry for 1 minute to golden brown.
- Flip the paratha, apply some butter and fry other side also to golden brown.
- Fry all parathas similar way.
- Serve hot parathas along with some pickle, butter and fresh curd.