Soft and tasty Avocado & pumpkin paratha is prepared with whole wheat flour, soft ripen avocado pulp, grated pumpkin, onion, green chillies and some spices. This Paratha is ideal for serving for breakfast or packing for children lunch box. Many of us know that avocado contains monounsaturated fatty acids , which helps to reduces bad cholesterol and triglycerides. Avocado also contains fiber, potassium and many valuable vitamins. Nowadays in India also we are getting this healthy fruit in all super markets. We can prepare tasty guacamole or dip with this fruit. My sister , who lives in Detroit prepared Avocado paratha when i visited her last summer. I just have added grated pumpkin for a change. You can also try my other paratha like Oats & carrot paratha, Radish paratha, Mixed vegetable stuffed paratha, Methi paratha.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes: 8 to 10 paratha
- Avocado: 1 medium sized ripen
- Pumpkin: 1 cup grated
- Onion: 1 medium sized finely chopped
- Green chilli: 2 medium sized finely chopped(according to taste)
- Cumin seeds: 1 tablespoon
- Sesame seeds/til: 1 tablespoon
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon ( according to taste)
- Garlic: 5 to 6 Cloves finely chopped
- Ginger: 1 inch piece finely chopped
- Wheat flour: 2 cups
- Butter/ oil: 4 to 5 teaspoon for frying Paratha
- Cut avocado into 2 and scoop out the pulp with the help of a spoon into a bowl. Take a fork and mash the pulp a little.
- Add all the ingredients (from 2 to 10 in the list)except Wheat flour and mix properly.
- Add Wheat flour to the mixture and prepare dough. No need to add any water. The moisture in the avocado pulp and all the vegetables will be enough to prepare the soft dough. Keep aside for 5 to 10 minutes.( If required add 1 or 2 tablespoon of water a little at a time).
- Prepare 8 to 10 equal sized balls.
- Take a ball and sprinkle some dry flour and roll the dough into a round 6 to 8 inch diameter Paratha with the help of a rolling pin.
- Heat a pan and put the Paratha and allow to fry for a minute. Sprinkle some butter or oil and fry till golden brown on a medium flame slowly.
- Flip Paratha and sprinkle some oil or butter on the other side also and fry till golden brown on a medium flame.
- Prepare all the Paratha similarly.
- Serve soft and crispy Avocado Paratha with some choice of pickle, yogurt, curry or any chutney.
- Use soft ripen avocado fruit for best result.
- Few finely chopped coriander leaves and mint leaves can also be added.
- One cup of any other finely chopped vegetables or leafy vegetables can be added along with avocado pulp to prepare Paratha.