Kadai Masala Powder is used to prepare many types of dishes like Kadai Paneer(Cottage Cheese), Paneer Jalfrezi , Kadai Chicken Curry and many other Vegetarian and Non Vegetarian items. It is like a multipurpose spice powder. It is a very milder spice powder compared to Garam Masala powder. It is always better to use freshly prepared Kadai Masala for best results. But It can be prepared in small quantities and stored in a airtight container up to 1 month or more. It is better to use Kashmiri Red Chilies to prepare this powder. Kashmiri Red Chilies gives a nice amazing red color and mild taste to the curry.
Ingredients For Kadai Masala-
- Coriander Seeds – 3 Tablespoons
- Whole Red Chili (Kashmiri Mirch) – 3 To 4
- Black Pepper – 1 Teaspoon
- Fennel Seeds(Saunf) – 1 Teaspoon
- Cardamon – 2
- Cumin Seeds – 2 Tablespoons
- Dry roast all the whole Kadai Masala ingredients on slow fire. Keep aside and allow to cool for 10 minutes to cool completely.
- Grind to a coarse powder and keep aside.If you do not want course powder you can grind for another minute.(Do not grind to a very fine powder).
- We need just 2 Tablespoons of this powder to prepare this dish. The remaining powder can be stored in an air tight glass jar for later use. Store in a airtight bottle for later use.