Crispy Oats & Coconut Cookies can be enjoyed as a great tea time snack. Crunchy Oats and sweet Coconut smell gives unforgettable taste and experience. We are using more amount of Oats than Maida to make it healthy. It is one of the very easy and tasty Cookie to prepare. These egg less Cookies remain crispy for a long time.
Preparation time: 15 Minutes
Cooking time: 15 Minutes
Yields: 28 to 30 Cookies
- Oats: 1 Cup
- All Purpose Flour/Maida: ¾ Cup
- Desiccated Coconut/ Dry coconut powder: ¾ Cup(unsweetened)
- Brown Sugar or White Sugar: 1/2 Cup
- White Butter: ¼ Cup
- Honey: 2 to 3 Tablespoons
- Milk: 2 to 3 Tablespoons
- Baking Powder: 1½ Teaspoon
- Baking soda: 1/4 Teaspoon
- Green Cardamom : 3 to 4
- Nutmeg powder: A pinch (optional)
- Take a bowl. Sieve maida, baking powder and baking soda mixture 2 to 3 times.
- Add Oats and Desiccated coconut and mix everything properly.
- In a Mixie jar add sugar,green cardamom,nutmeg and prepare fine powder.
- Add butter and prepare a creamy mixture. Add honey and mix well.
- Transfer butter and sugar mixture to the dry ingredients bowl. Mix everything to prepare a dough. If needed add one spoon of milk at a time and blend everything very gently to prepare a soft dough.
- Prepare equal size balls from the mixture.(You can prepare 20 to 22 balls depending upon the size).
- Take a baking tray and grease the tray with some butter. Flatten the balls a little with your palm and prepare Cookies.
- Arrange cookies on the tray and bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes at 180 degrees centigrade till crispy and golden brown.(Depending upon the thickness it may take 15 minutes to 16 minutes). It took 15 minutes for my cookies to become golden brown.
- Remove the tray from the oven and allow cookies to cool completely.
- Cookies can be stored in a airtight container up to 15 days.
Note: If you are using sweetened desiccated Coconut then you can reduce the amount of sugar.