This is a protein rich salad bowl with all the goodness of fresh vegetables. Seasoned with olive oil, red chilli flakes,lemon juice and mixed herbs powder makes it a tasty and refreshing salad. If you keep cooked rajma and chickpeas ready, preparation of this salad will not take more time. Even though it is a salad it is like a complete meal.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Serves: 5 to 6 servings
Ingredients for salad:
- Chickpeas/kabuli chana: 1 cup(soaked and cooked)
- Rajma/red kidney beans: 1 cup(soaked and cooked)
- Sweet corn: ½ cup(steamed)
- Potato: 1 boiled, peeled and cut into cubes
- Paneer: 100 gms optional (cut into cubes and shallow fried)
- Onion: 1 medium sized(cut into cubes)
- Tomato: 1 medium sized(cut into cubes)
- Cucumber: 1 small sized(peeled and cut into cubes)
- Coriander leaves: few leaves finely chopped
- Carrot: 1 small (peeled and grated)
- Lettuce leaves: 4 to 5 leaves washed and roughly chopped
- Sprouted moong: ½ cup
Ingredients for seasoning:
- Olive oil: 3 tablespoons
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon(according to taste)
- Red chilli flakes: 1 teaspoon(according to taste)
- Black pepper powder: 1 teaspoon
- Mixed herb powder: 1 teaspoon
- Garlic: 4 to 5 cloves very finely chopped(optional)
- Cut paneer into cubes and shallow fry till light brown and keep ready.
- Keep all the cooked ingredients ready.
- Keep all the cut vegetables ready.
- Take a bowl and put all the seasoning ingredients into it.
- Mix properly and keep aside.
- Take a big mixing bowl. Put all the salad ingredients and mix once.
- Add the prepared seasoning into the salad and mix gently. Adjust the seasoning and serve tasty salad.
- You can also add pieces of nicely roasted garlic bread just before serving.