Beetroot paratha is a easy,tasty and nutritional great lunch box option for kids. Beetroot puree, onion, coriander leaves and green chillies are required to prepare this healthy flat bread.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Makes: 8 to 10 paratha
- Beetroot: 2 medium sized
- Whole wheat flour: 2 cups
- Onion: 1 to 2 medium sized finely chopped
- Green chillies: 2 to 3 finely chopped
- Coriander leaves: few leaves finely chopped
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds: 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice: 1 tablespoon
- Oil/ Butter: 3 tablespoon for frying paratha
- Boil Beetroot in pressure cooker for 10 minutes till soft. Peel skin and cut into 4 pieces. Prepare puree and keep ready.
- Take a bowl. Put wheat flour, beetroot puree, salt, cumin seeds, chopped onion, chopped coriander leaves,green chillies and lemon juice and mix well. If required add very little water and prepare a soft dough. Keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Divide the prepared dough into 8 to 10 equal size balls.
- Roll dough into a 6 to 8 inches diameter paratha.
- Heat a nonstick pan and fry paratha to golden brown adding some butter or oil.
- Flip paratha and fry on the other side also to golden brown adding some butter.
- Prepare all parathas similarly.Serve paratha along with some curry or pickle and curd.
- Similarly you can prepare carrot puree and prepare dough to prepare carrot paratha.
- Serve carrot paratha along with any curry or yogurt and pickle.
- You can also prepare mixed carrot & beetroot paratha(take small portion of prepared beetroot dough and carrot dough and roll into paratha).