Whole wheat flour ginger cookies are prepared with fresh ginger juice, jaggery and also dry ginger powder. Very flavorful, tasty ginger cookies are a great tea time snack. There is no need to add egg to prepare these tasty cookies. Fresh ginger juice, ginger powder,whole wheat flour, jaggery and olive oil makes this one of the healthy cookies.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Makes: 10 to 12 cookies
- Whole Wheat flour: 1 cup + 1/4 cup
- Baking powder: 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda: 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt: a pinch
- Dry ginger powder: 1 tablespoon
- Ginger juice: 1 tablespoon
- Olive oil: 1/4 cup
- Jaggery: 1/2 cup
- Water: 2 tablespoon
- Milk: 2 tablespoon if required
- Sugar: 1 tablespoon for sprinkling on cookies (optional)
- Sieve whole wheat flour,salt,baking powder and baking soda and keep aside.
- Put jaggery and 2 tablespoon water and keep in microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir everything well till jaggery is dissolved completely. Sieve the melted jaggery water to remove any impurities.
- Add all the dry ingredients, olive oil, ginger juice and dissolved jaggery syrup and fold.
- If needed add 1 to 2 tablespoon of milk and gently fold to a soft dough. Do not knead the mixture. Keep the prepared mixture In refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees centigrade/ 350 Fahrenheit.
- Prepare equal size 20 to 22 balls, flatten a little and arrange in a baking tray apart from each other.Sprinkle some sugar on top.
- Bake ginger cookies for 14 to 15 minutes till light golden brown.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack and allow to cool for 15 minutes and serve along with tea or coffee.
- Store cookies in a airtight container.
- You can use ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder, ½ teaspoon of nutmeg powder for additional flavor.
- You can add 1 teaspoon butter in place of milk.