Egg less Chocolate Cake is a easy and amazingly soft moist cake.This cake is ideal for those people who want to avoid eggs and still wants to relish delicious soft Cake.You can also serve the cake along with Ice cream as a exotic dessert or simply pour hot chocolate over it and serve.It takes just 25 minutes for this cake to prepare and icing can be done in 5 minutes.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 to 30 minutes
Serves: 10 to 15 Servings
- All purpose Flour (Maida): 1 cup
- Cocoa Powder: 3 tablespoons (I am using Starbucks hot cocoa)
- Baking powder: 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda: ½ teaspoon
- Castor sugar (powdered sugar): 1 cup
- Unsalted butter (white butter): ¼ cup
- Yogurt: ½ cup
- Water: ½ cup
- Vanilla essence: 1 teaspoon
- Cashew nuts: 8 to 10 (cut into pieces)
- Butter: 2 tablespoons
- Water: 2 tablespoons
- Icing sugar: 1 cup
- Cocoa powder: 1 tablespoon
- Desiccated Coconut powder: 2 tablespoons(optional)
- Cherries: 3 to 4 for decoration(optional)
- Grease a baking dish and dust some maida (All purpose flour)and keep aside.
- Sieve maida,baking powder and cocoa powder together in a bowl 2 to 3 times to remove lumps and to incorporate air.
- In another bowl mix yogurt,water,sugar and vanilla essence and mix properly.
- Now add baking soda and mix well and leave aside for 5 minutes for bubbles to come.
- Now add melted butter and curd mixture to maida
- Fold the mixture gently. (Do not over mix batter).
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and spread evenly. Tap the baking dish gently to remove any air bubbles. Sprinkle some cashew nuts on top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius (350 F) temperature.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Remove the cake from the cake tin and keep aside.
- Take a pan and heat 2 tablespoons of water. Add 2 tablespoons butter, 1 Cup Icing sugar,1 tablespoon cocoa powder and mix properly. Remove from the fire.
- Pour the glaze mixture on top of the cake and spread evenly and allow to set the glaze completely and serve.
- Cream Icing also can be used to make criss cross design or simply sprinkle some desiccated coconut.
- Cut into desired shapes and serve this moist and soft egg less chocolate cake. You can also decorate with Cherries on top of the icing.