Palak paneer is a Indian spinach gravy curry with cottage cheese cubes. The gravy is prepared with spinach,onions and tomatoes. It goes very well with Roti, Naan or Jeera rice.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serves : 3 to 4 Servings
- Spinach – 2 cups (One big bunch )
- Paneer or Cottage Cheese – 200 gms
- Onions – 2 medium sized (Finely chopped or roughly ground puree)
- Tomato – 2 Medium sized (Pureed)
- Green chili – 2 (According to taste)
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 Tablespoon
- Coriander seeds powder – ½ Tablespoon
- Cumin seeds – ½ Teaspoon
- Roasted Cumin seeds Powder – ¼ Teaspoon
- Dried methi leaves (kasoori Methi) – 1 Tablespoon
- Garam Masala powder- ¼ Teaspoon
- Salt -½ teaspoon (According to taste)
- Oil – 1 Tablespoon
- Cream – 1 Teaspoon (For garnishing)
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
Preparing Spinach puree:
- Clean spinach and wash properly in water.Boil some water in a kadai or pan and add spinach leaves,¼ spoon sugar and little salt.Do not cover the pan(if you cover the pan the spinach will change its green color).
- Let the spinach boil for 2 to 3 min.Remove the kadai from the fire and allow to cool.
- Prepare paste using blender and keep aside.
- Cut the paneer into cubes and keep aside.
- Fry paneer in a flat pan using a little oil on both sides till golden color and keep ready.
- Heat a pan and put oil and add cumin seeds fry a little.Add onion paste,finely chopped green chilli and fry till golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste fry for 5 min.
- Add tomato puree and fry till oil separates.
- Add spinach puree,garam masala powder,roasted cumin powder,coriander powder,kasoori methi,salt,a pinch of sugar and mix well. If required add some water and bring to a boil.
- Add paneer ,fresh coriander leaves and mix properly and cook for 1 minute.
- Transfer palak paneer into a serving bowl and add some fresh cream on top.
- Serve palak paneer with Roti,Paratha or Jeera Rice.