Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Serves: 10 to 12 servings
- 2 Medium bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter
2 eggs (medium sized)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
A pinch of salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup nuts ( Almonds & walnuts)
- Grease a round (7.5 x 2 inch) or square pan ( 7.5 x 4 x 2.5 inches). Dust some dry flour and keep it ready.
- Preheat oven at 180 Centigrade/ 350 Fahrenheit temperature.
- Sift all dry ingredients( flours, baking powder,salt and baking soda) to incorporate air.Keep aside.
- Mash bananas with a fork.
- Place mashed bananas in a bowl. Add sugar,butter and mix well.
- Add eggs, and vanilla essence and whisk for 2 minutes.
- Fold in all dry sifted flour.
- Fold in nuts and chocolate chips very gently.Do not over mix.
- Transfer batter to greased pan and bake for about 45 to 50 minutes at 180 degrees centigrade. or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes and serve.