Pineapple upside down pineapple cake is prepared with sweetened condensed milk and fresh pineapple slices. You can also use canned pineapple slices.This is a egg less cake.
- pineapple slices: 4 to 6
- Sugar: ¼ cup (for preparing caramel syrup)
- All purpose flour: 100 gms (3/4 cup)
- Salt: a pinch
- baking powder: ½ Teaspoon
- baking soda: ½ Teaspoon
- Butter: ½Cup (120 gms)
- Pineapple essence: ½ teaspoon (Optional)
- Condensed milk: ½ tin (I am using 200 gms of Amul Methai Mate)
- Aerated drink (Soda): ½ cup (75 ml)
- Cherries: 6 to 8 (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180° C.
- Grease a 6″or 8″diameter cake tin and keep ready.
- Sieve together maida, baking powder and soda bicarbonate to incorporate air.
- Heat sugar in a pan till it melts and become nice honey color caramel syrup.
- Pour this hot caramel syrup into the greased baking tin and spread evenly.
- Arrange the pineapple slices at the base.Arrange some cherries in the gaps of pineapple pieces.(I have used tuti fruti (sweetened raw papaya) pieces.
- Add Condensed Milk, essence and butter in a bowl and beat well.
- Add maida to the condensed milk mixture and mix.
- Add 75 ml aerated soda and mix well.(You can also use plain water).
- Pour batter over pineapple slices in the cake tin and spread evenly. Bake at 180°C for 40 to 45 minutes or till cake is a little golden brown at the top of the cake.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven,loosen the sides of cake using a knife and turn onto a plate.
Note: If you want to avoid caramel syrup at the base of the cake you can do so, still it will be tasty. There is no need for doing any icing for this cake. You can sprinkle some powdered sugar on top before serving.