Mildly sweet and soft egg less carrot drops or cookies are prepared with carrot pulp,all purpose flour and condensed milk.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Makes: 14 to 15 cookies
- Carrot pulp: ½ Cup ( 2 medium sized carrots cooked and mashed)
- Unsalted butter: ¼ Cup
- Castor sugar: ¼ cup (powdered)
- Condensed milk: 2 to 3 Tablespoons (I am using Amul Mithai Mate)
- All purpose flour: ⅔ cup
- Baking powder: ½ teaspoon
- Baking soda: a pinch
- Salt: a pinch
- Vanilla essence: Few drops (optional)
- Cook carrot slices in a little water for 5 to 7 minutes till soft. Drain water. Allow to cool for 2 minutes. Mash carrots a little to prepare pulp. Keep aside.
- Sieve all purpose flour,salt,baking powder and baking soda.
- In a bowl add butter,powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons condensed milk and mix well with a fork to make a creamy butter mixture.
- Add carrot pulp and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees centigrade temperature.(350F)
- Add flour mixture and fold gently.(no need to beat or over mix).
- Drop a spoonful of mixture on a greased baking tray a little apart.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes till golden brown.
- Cool cookies on a wire rack for 5 minutes before serving.
If batter is very thick add 1 tablespoon of condensed milk for a dropping consistency.