Very easy and tasty orange cake is prepared in 30 to 35 minutes. No need to add any butter to prepare this tasty cake. Whole wheat flour, extra virgin olive oil , orange juice and orange zest makes it healthy and flavorful. For glaze icing also we are using orange juice and orange zest.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes: 16 to 20 pieces
Ingredients for cake:
- Whole wheat flour/ all purpose flour: 1 cup
- Sugar: ¾ cup powdered
- Baking soda: 1/4 teaspoon
- Baking powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- Eggs: 1 to 2
- Salt: a pinch
- Curd/ yogurt: ¼ cup
- Olive oil/ canola oil: ¼ cup
- zest of 1 oranges
- Juice of 1 orange
Ingredients for Glaze icing:
- Sugar: 1 cup powdered or icing sugar
- Orange Juice: 2 to 3 tablespoons
- Orange zest: 1 tablespoon
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees centigrade/ 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease 8 x 8 inch square baking tin with butter and dust some dry flour and keep ready.
- Put all ingredients into a bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients for a minute gently. No need to over mix.
- Pour batter into the baking tin and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Unmould cake from cake tin.
- Put castor sugar and orange zest together in a bowl.
- Add orange juice gradually until glaze reaches spreadable consistency.
- Spread glaze over cake and allow to set for 10 minutes.
- Cut cake into pieces and serve.
- If you want to make it egg less orange cake, Increase the amount of yogurt and baking soda. Add 1/2 cup of yogurt and 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- If glaze has become too watery or thin , just add 2 to 3 tablespoons of icing sugar and keep the glaze in refrigerator for 5 to 7 minutes and pour over the cake and spread evenly.