Sesame seeds ladoo is a traditional Indian sweet prepared especially during winter season. No need to use any jaggery syrup,butter or ghee to prepare this sweet. We need only 2 ingredients and 15 to 20 minutes time to prepare this tasty,healthy and easy ladoo. Sesame seeds are good source of calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, vitamin B1, zinc, molybdenum, selenium, and dietary fiber. Sesame helps to lower cholesterol levels, because it contains phytosterols that block cholesterol production.This ladoo is prepared with jaggery and sesame seeds. Both black and white sesame seeds can be used to prepare this sweet. I am using white sesame seeds for this sweet.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Makes: 12 to 14 ladoos
- White sesame seeds / white Til: 1 cup
- Jaggery: ½ cup (powdered)
- Melon seeds: 1 tablespoon (optional)
- Poppy seeds / khus khus: 2 tablespoon (optional)
- Dry roast sesame seeds in a pan till golden brown on a slow flame. Switch off the flame and transfer to a bowl allow to cool for 5 minutes(do not leave the sesame seeds in the hot pan because they will get burnt because of the heat in the pan).
- In the same pan dry roast poppy seeds and melon seeds to golden brown and keep ready.
- Chop jaggery into small pieces and keep ready.
- Grind sesame seeds to powder.
- Add jaggery to the sesame seeds powder.
- Grind both for 2 to 3 minutes to mix properly. No need to grind for more time.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add roasted poppy seeds and melon seeds and mix.
- Take about 2 tablespoons of mixture into your palm and press gently to prepare small walnut sized ladoo. Because of its own oil in the sesame seeds it will be easy to prepare laddo with out adding any ghee.
- Prepare all the ladoos similarly and serve.
- Can be stored in a airtight jar for 15 days or more.
- If you want you can also add 1 cup of roasted peanuts powder to sesame seeds powder. Accordingly you can add 1/2 cup additional amount of jaggery.
- If you want you can add any other finely chopped nuts for additional taste.