Sesame seeds ladoo is a traditional Indian sweet prepared especially during winter season. Sesame seeds are good source of calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, vitamin B1, zinc, molybdenum, selenium, and dietary fiber.Sesame seeds helps to lower cholesterol levels, because it contains phytosterols that block cholesterol production. Black sesame seeds are especially high in phytosterols. This ladoo is prepared with jaggery and black sesame seeds. Both black and white sesame seeds can be used to prepare this sweet.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Makes: 12 to 15
- Black Sesame seeds / black Til: ¾ cup
- Jaggery: ½ cup (powdered)
- Dry Coconut: a small amount grated / desiccated Coconut ( optional)
- Poppy seeds / khus khus: 2 tablespoon (optional)
- Cashew nuts: 8 to 10 roasted
- Dry roast sesame seeds in a pan till nice aroma comes on a slow flame.Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- In the same pan dry roast poppy seeds and cashew nuts till golden brown and keep ready. Switch off the flame and keep aside.
- Chop jaggery into small pieces and keep ready.
- Grind sesame seeds and cashew nuts to powder.
- Add jaggery to the sesame powder and grind both for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add roasted poppy seeds and grated coconut.
- Mix everything.
- Take some mixture into palm and press gently to prepare small walnut sized ladoo. Small sized ladoos looks good to serve.
- Prepare all the ladoos similarly and serve.
- Can be stored in a airtight jar for 15 days or more.
- If you want you can also add 1 cup of roasted peanuts powder to sesame seeds powder.Accordingly you can increase the amount of jaggery.
- If you want you can add melon seeds or any other finely chopped nuts for additional taste.