Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 servings
- Dondakaya (Tindora or Coccinia grandis): 250 gms
- Onion: 2 medium sized sliced
- Salt: 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry Leaves -8 to 10 leaves
- Oil: 2 tablespoons
- Mustard seeds, Urad dal, Cumin Seeds, Chana Dal: 2 tablespoons for tempering
- Turmeric: 1/4 teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder: ½ teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds Powder: ¼teaspoon
- Coriander Seeds powder: ½teaspoon
- Fresh Coriander: ¼Cup(finely chopped)
- Wash Dondakaya with water and cut into Julienne or any desired size.
- Take a pan and pour 2 teaspoons of oil. Heat oil. Add mustard seeds,cumin seeds, Chana dal, urad dal and fry till golden brown.
- Add dondakaya and ½ teaspoon of salt. Mix well and cover the pan with lid and fry on slow fire for about 15 minutes.
- Open the lid and add sliced onions and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add finely chopped fresh coriander leaves coriander powder, cumin powder, red Chili Powder,turmeric and mix properly. Allow to cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve Dondakaya fry along with steamed rice or roti.