Ground nut chutney is prepared with roasted ground nuts and green chillies. A small amount of tamarind pulp and jaggery is also used to balance the taste. Versatile ground nut chutney goes well with any Indian breakfast like pongal, dosa, idly, uthappam, upma, Medu vada and the list goes on. It can be served as a dip for any deep fried snack. It also goes well with steamed rice.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Serves: 6 servings
- Groundnut: 1 cup
- Green Chilies: 4 to 5
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Tamarind: a small lemon sized
- Jaggery: a small piece
- Oil: 1 teaspoon(for tempering)
- Mustard seeds,urad dal,cumin seeds: 1 tablespoon (for tempering)
- Dry roast groundnut in a kadai till golden brown.Cool for some time and remove the outer skin and keep aside.
- Fry green chilies in a pan using ½ Teaspoon oil and for 2 minutes and keep aside.
- Take a Mixie Jar. Put groundnut,green chilies, salt,jaggery,tamarind.Add 1/2 cup water and grind the Chutney. Adjust seasoning.(Add water according to desired consistency).
- Transfer the Chutney to a serving bowl.
- Take a small pan. Pour 1 teaspoon of oil. Heat oil. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal and fry. When mustard seeds starts splattering add curry leaves.
- Pour the oil over the chutney and serve.
- Serve Chutney along with Idly or Dosa, Pongal.