Green chutney is prepared with fresh coriander leaves, mint leaves and green chillies. Spicy green chutney is served as a topping for Dahi vada, Samosa, Papadi chaat and various other chats. Green chutney can also be applied on sandwich bread for additional taste. There is no cooking involved to prepare this chutney.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Coriander leaves: A small bunch
- Mint leaves: few leaves
- Green chillies: 2 to 3 (according to taste)
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt: ½ teaspoon (according to taste)
- Roasted cumin powder: ½ teaspoon
- Garlic: 3 to 4 cloves
- Wash coriander leaves in water 2 to 3 times. Finely chop and keep ready.
- Mix coriander leaves,garlic,green chillies and mint and grind to a fine paste adding 1 or 2 tablespoon of water.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add salt and roasted cumin powder and lemon juice and mix.
- Serve green chutney as a topping for dahi vada or any chat.
You can add 3 tablespoons of roasted ground nuts and 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds powder to this chutney for additional taste and texture.